Testing and Assessment FAQs
What tests are required as part of the program?
Students who are enrolled in Michigan Great Lakes Virtual Academy are required to take the following tests:
- Lesson assessments
- Unit assessments
- Semester assessments
- Literacy screening for early elementary students
- Diagnostic and formative assessments to measure growth and mastery of grade level standards
- Michigan Educational Assessment Program (MEAP) for students in grades 3-8:
- Math and Reading (grades 3-8)
- Science (grades 5 and 8)
- Social Studies (grades 6 and 9)
- Writing (grades 4 and 7)
- Michigan Merit Exam (grade 11 and eligible 12th grade students)
- ACT (grade 11 and eligible 12th grade students)
Do I have to participate in state testing?
Families enrolling at MGLVA must be willing to participate in all required areas of the program.