The Middle School Program (Grades 6–8)
The New K12 Online Middle School is an extension of the Online High School and is designed to empower, engage, and help students achieve even better academic results through:
- School landing pages that provide a beautiful and welcoming experience.
- Plans and to-do lists that help students stay on top of their school work and activities.
- Announcements that keep students, teachers, and learning coaches up-to-date and informed.
- Powerful course management tools that allow teachers to tailor curriculum to best meet the unique needs of their students.
- Increased independent learning & teacher interaction for middle grade students.
- Reduction in time required from a Learning Coach
In Middle School the focus begins to shift towards more independent learning for students in grades 6 to 8.
- Students are expected to take on more accountability and responsibility for their learning.
- Student & teacher interaction increases with teachers continuing to provide instruction directly.
- Students are expected to develop more independent study skills and to submit more assignments to be evaluated or graded to their teachers.