The Destinations Career Program
Your student can prepare for college and career with the Destinations Career Program at MGLVA.
What is Destinations?
Destinations gives students exposure to relevant skills from career technical education (CTE) courses built around four career fields, allowing them to explore occupations of interest. These engaging, content-rich courses expand the traditional education experience and maximize a student’s ability to succeed in the community and workforce. Successful completion of these courses may help students prepare for industry certification tests after graduation.*
CTE courses are based on the knowledge and skills required for each career pathway in the following in-demand career fields:
- Business Management and Administration: Careers in planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations. Learn more about Business Management and Administration.
- Finance: Careers in recording, classifying, summarizing, analyzing, and communicating financial information/transactions; managing and implementing capital structure; budgeting; acquisition and investment; financial modeling and planning; funding; dividends; and taxation decision-making. Learn more about Finance.
- Marketing: Careers in planning, directing, and providing marketing communications, strategy, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities. Learn more about Marketing.
- Health Science: Careers in planning, managing, and providing therapeutic
services, diagnostic services, health informatics, support services, and
biotechnology research and development. Learn more about Health Science.
*Please note: Only students who participate in The Destinations Career Program for at least two years will have enough exposure to CTE courses to be best prepared for certification testing.
Destinations students can join the SkillsUSA chapter at MGLVA. With curriculum that covers 130 job categories and more than 600 national partners—businesses, trade associations, and unions—SkillsUSA gives students the opportunity to:
- Practically apply what they learn in the classroom
- Take courses in addition to those offered in the K12
- Participate in academic competitions and community service activities
- Connect with like-minded students who have similar
career and academic interests
- Earn scholarships offered exclusively through SkillsUSA