How to Enroll
Ways to Enroll
Access our Enrollment Resources for details on enrollment timelines, eligibility, and announcements.
If you need assistance in another language, please call 855.710.0910.
1. Access the Parent Portal
2. Submit an Application
Once you've begun an application in the Parent Portal, click the option to add a new student or continue with your application. Simply fill in the fields with your child's information, select Michigan Great Lakes Virtual Academy and click Submit.
3. Complete the Admissions Process
In this step, you'll provide more detailed information about your student and upload additional documents, such as proof of residency and a birth certificate. For a list of specific documents that will be required, contact our enrollment consultants at 855.380.2480.
4. Next Steps
All families participate in a pre-approval telephone conversation with an enrollment consultant. This will help you identify documents you may need to complete, depending on your student’s situation.
5. Receive Official Approval
Upon successful completion of the enrollment process, your student will be approved. Please check your email for important information regarding your student's status and how to access the Online School platform.
Thank you for your interest in Michigan Great Lakes Virtual Academy! If you have questions on the enrollment process or need more information, please check our FAQs or call us at 855.380.2480.
We look forward to welcoming your family into our school community!
Questions? Call toll-free: 855.380.2480
Now enrolling for the 2018–2019 school year!
Please ensure you meet the following eligibility requirements before completing the enrollment process:
- Currently reside within the state of Michigan, and
- Your child must be 5 years of age by September 1 of the upcoming school year, OR
- Your child must be less than 20 years of age on September 1 of the upcoming school year, and not have a GED or earned a high school diploma
* The number of applications received by 5:00 PM (ET) on Thursday, March 15, 2018 did not exceed the total number of seats available by grade and/or the entire school. As a result, a lottery will not be required to determine initial seat offers. Applications will now be approved in the order in which they complete the enrollment steps outlined above, until we reach our enrollment cap.
The parent and/or legal guardian of every student enrolling in our program is strongly encouraged to attend a Virtual Information Session as part of the enrollment process. These sessions are intended to ensure that families fully understand the instructional model and expectations of the student, parents and school, as well as identify each student's individual needs before the first day of school. A complete schedule and how to access these sessions will be provided during the enrollment process.