How To Enroll
Now enrolling for the 2018–2019 school year!*
Submit your application and complete all steps outlined below.
Please ensure you meet the following eligibility requirements before completing the enrollment process:
- Currently reside within the state of Michigan, and
- Your child must be 5 years of age by September 1 of the upcoming school year, OR
- Your child must be less than 20 years of age on September 1 of the upcoming school year, and not have a GED or earned a high school diploma
Steps to Enroll
Enrolling your student is important—but it shouldn't be difficult. We've designed our enrollment process to provide you with the tools, resources and guidance you'll need, any time you need it. To ensure a seamless experience, we recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox as your web browser when completing the following steps.
If you need assistance in another language, please call 855.710.0910.
1. Create an Account
The Parent Portal provides on-demand access to our online Application and Admissions Process, real-time alerts to help you stay on track, and quick links to important info.
2. Submit an Application
To submit an application, you'll provide us with basic information about your student and choose an available school.
3. Complete the Admissions Process
To complete the admissions process, you'll provide more detailed information about your student, submit necessary documentation and fulfill any additional requirements related to your student's enrollment.
MGLVA has some specific requirements that are important for you to note before you get started:
Virtual Information Session
The parent and/or legal guardian of every student enrolling in our program is strongly encouraged to attend a Virtual Information Session as part of the enrollment process. These sessions are intended to ensure that families fully understand the instructional model and expectations of the student, parents and school, as well as identify each student's individual needs before the first day of school. A complete schedule and how to access these sessions will be provided during the enrollment process.
4. Complete Any Next Steps
All prospective families will participate in a pre-approval telephone conference with an Enrollment Consultant. You may also have additional pre-approval actions depending on your student's individual situation. If this applies to you, you will be notified and instructed on how to complete them.
5. Receive Official Approval
Upon successful completion of the enrollment process, your student will be approved. Please check your email for important information regarding your student's approval and how to access the Online School.
Thanks for your interest in Michigan Great Lakes Virtual Academy! We look forward to you and your family joining our school community soon.
Questions? Call toll free: 855.380.2480
* The number of applications received by 5:00 PM (ET) on Thursday, March 15, 2018 did not exceed the total number of seats available by grade and/or the entire school. As a result, a lottery will not be required to determine initial seat offers. Applications will now be approved in the order in which they complete the enrollment steps outlined above, until we reach our enrollment cap.