Which pathways are offered?
- Administrative Support—This pathway prepares students to work in an office setting to create spreadsheets; manage databases; prepare presentations, reports, and documents; and engage with customers and coworkers.
- General Management—This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Services Manager
- Customer Service Representative
- Human Resources Manager
- Office Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$38,880/year
- Administrative Service Manager—$96,180/year
- Customer Service Representative—$33,750/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Business Information Processing Exam
- The NOCTI General Management Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Fundamental Business Concepts Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Entrepreneurship/Management Exam