Which pathways are offered?
- Therapeutic Services Pharmacy Tech––This pathway prepares students to assist licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients in medical settings such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and labs.
- Therapeutic Services–Sports Medicine––This pathway prepares students in the knowledge, skills, practices, and theories encompassed in the health and safety of athletes.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
- Athletic Trainer
- Massage Therapist
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Pharmacy Technician—$ 32,700/year
- Athletic Trainer—$47,510/year
- Massage Therapist—$41,420/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)