Testing and Assessment FAQs
What tests will my student be required to take?
Students who are enrolled in Michigan Great Lakes Virtual Academy (MGLVA) are required to take the following tests:
- Lesson assessments
- Unit assessments
- Semester assessments
- Literacy screening for early elementary students
- Diagnostic and formative assessments to measure growth and mastery of grade level standards
- Michigan Educational Assessment Program (MEAP) for students in grades 3–8:
- Math and Reading (grades 3–8)
- Science (grades 5 and 8)
- Social Studies (grades 6 and 9)
- Writing (grades 4 and 7)
- Michigan Merit Exam (grade 11 and eligible 12th-grade students)
- ACT (grade 11 and eligible 12th-grade students)
Will my student have to participate in state testing?
Yes. As public school students, all MGLVA students must participate in all state-mandated testing.